Open Arms Lutheran Child Development Center will provide the following programs:
- Infants (6 weeks through 12 months of age)
- Toddlers (12 Months and walking through 24 Months of age)
Our infant/toddler program is designed to provide each child with a safe and nurturing environment that will stimulate learning. Teachers actively chart the development of each child and provide parents with daily communication regarding their child’s personal care routine.
- Two’s (24 months): In the two’s class, teachers actively work towards potty-training each child. In an effort to prepare the children for the preschool program, children are introduced to the concept of center play. Furthermore, the curriculum provides a strong vocabulary base so that literary skills may be introduced to children.
- Preschool/Pre-K (3-5 years of age): Our Preschool and Pre-K curriculum introduces several learning concepts such as literacy, math, and life skills. Vocabulary development is very important at this stage too, as children will begin to learn the art of writing. The classrooms are organized into centers such as reading, science, math, and writing. Furthermore, children are exposed to a print-rich environment which allows students to associate written language to oral language. Opportunities for learning outside the classroom abound as children go on fieldtrips throughout the year. Parents are fully aware of their child’s academic progress through quarterly assessment tools and parent-teacher conferences.
- Part-Time Preschool/Pre-K (3-5 years of age): Open Arms offers two part time preschool programs which are designed to introduce children to the concept of going to school. Teachers pack the day with a curriculum that will give each child the skills they need to successfully start Kindergarten. We offer a morning class from 8:30-11:00am and afternoon classes that run from 12:00pm -2:30pm and 12:00pm-3:00pm.
- Before and After School Program: The before and after school day child care program provides care for Full-day Kindergarten through 4th grades. Transporting to all 5 elementary schools. The teachers provide a variety of enrichment activities including games, physical fitness, stories and adventures.
- Summer Programs: Our Summer childcare camps allow children from first through fourth grades to explore a variety of interests. Throughout the Summer the children have opportunities to take field trips that enhance their camp experience. They also take frequent visits to the public library and surrounding parks.